Mrs. Heather Holbrook, MSW
My name is Heather Holbrook and I began my social work career in 2005 and have been a school social worker in North Carolina since 2013. In 2015 I started working for Watauga County Schools. I love working here in the High Country!
As a school social worker my role is often the link between the home and school. I work with community partners to help meet family needs and I work with students and families to improve student attendance and performance.
I serve as school social worker for Green Valley and Blowing Rock Schools. Please feel free to contact me anytime!
Blowing Rock School- (828) 295-3204
Green Valley School- (828) 264-3606
- NC General Statute 115C-378 provides that “Every parent, guardian or other person in the State having charge or control of a child between the ages of seven and sixteen years shall cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public schools to which the child is assigned shall be in session…”
- Parents will be notified by mail when students reach 3, 5, and 10 days unexcused absences per the North Carolina Compulsory Attendance Law.
- If you receive an attendance letter and have questions/concerns, please feel free to call the school and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
- At 5 unexcused absences, the letter will have a meeting date and time. If you cannot make that meeting please call me to reschedule.
- The principal/designee may require that a doctor’s note for illness be presented at any time during the school year to excuse future absences.
- K-8 Attendance Policy
- Please visit https://www.back2schoolfestival.org/ for more information on Watuaga County's Back 2 School Festival.