We are still in our preseason practice schedule.
Anyone is welcome to join.
Contact Coach Mac at email@example.com for info.
Update on start of the season.
The NCHSAA sent out a tentitive sports schedule for this year. CC will officially start Nov. 4 and end around Jan. 8.
We will continue on our summer schedule until we know more.
Watauga High Cross Country
The first thing you need is a physical dated after March 1, 2019. The athletes who had physicals last year after that date are being given 2 years instead of one. You will not need to see a physician but you will need to fill out the front of the medical form with the family history and parent and student signatures.
We will begin practices Monday June 15.
Practices are going to be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8am-9:30 and Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 5pm-6:30. You sign up for one or the other, not both. I will be putting out a new sign up for each practice.
There are going to be some new rules for phase one of the open practices.
1. We are only allowed 25 people total. That includes coaches. Here is the link for practice sign-up: Click here
2. There will be an entrance gate and exit gate. You will enter by way of concession gate and leave by way of ticket booth gate.
3. Everyone will have their temperature taken and answer several questions before each practice. Before the first practice, I must have the Initial Screening Form Filled out.
4. No parents, relatives, friends will be allowed to stay at practice. They may wait in the car if so desired.
5. Everyone must come ready to run. There will be no where to change. Restrooms will be open only using the restroom.
6. Everyone needs to bring their own water bottle, labeled with your name. No sharing
7. Everyone will be put in "pods" or groups for running and are expected to observe the social distancing rules.
Below is a link to the Family ID. It will allow you to fill out all of the forms online instead of having to turn in paperwork.
If the link does not work, copy and paste in your browser.
Welcome to the Watauga High School cross country teams. Everyone is a valued member of the team. Everyone is welcome as long as they get to practice regularly. You will not “sit the bench” on this team. Everyone runs in most of the meets.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team APP: This will be where we communicate most information about training, schedules, meets, and practice.
It has workouts for beginners as well as experienced runners. Whether you come to summer practices, you will still need to run. Your body needs you to come into August with a base of running. You will have fewer aches and pains.
A good pair of training shoes.
A watch with a stopwatch function (required)
A water bottle (we will supply the water)
For more info contact Coach Mac at email@example.com
Pioneer Cross Country
PE Teacher Hardin Park School
Cove Creek and Blowing Rock Schools
State Farm Insurance
Caldwell Community College
Student Caldwell Community College