Important Required Athletic Paperwork informationFamily ID athletic registration for 2020-2021 is now open. The link to the registration can be found HERE. You can also access the link on the right side of the WHS Athletic Web Page.This is very much like last year in regards to the registration process. All student athletes who tryout/participate in a sport MUST register in Family ID.All required paperwork will be completed when the student athlete registers in family ID. Student athletes will still need to upload their physical to the 2020-2021 registration (even if the physical from last year is still valid with the extension). Use the following link for Updated Sports Physical Information for 2020-2021 . If a student athlete is unable to upload his/her physical or is having issues uploading a physical from last year please email the document to email@example.com and Coach Kerley will upload it.A student athlete is not cleared until his/her registration has been "Approved" by the athletic director.
Updated Start DateOn Wednesday, August 12th it was announced that the new start date for volleyball will be November 4th. Contests will be played November 16th through January 8th with a 14 match limit. Interested participants would commit to practices and matches throughout the holiday season.Optional Training OpportunitiesIf you are looking for training opportunities check out the skill development links to the right of this page. You will find lots of position specific drills you can do at home and some outstanding leadership webinars.At this time training sessions are TBD. Previously established pods may be changed. If you are interested in participating please contact Kris Hagaman. No one will be allowed to just show up and participate. Space is limited due to phase 2 number restrictions.Contact Kris Hagaman, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.Please note that sessions will follow the following NCHSAA phase 2 guidelines:
- Sessions will be limited to groups of 8 or less players.
- Participants will be required to submit the NCHSAA Initial Screening Questionnaire prior to participation (see links section to download a copy).
- Participants will have temperatures taken prior to entering the gym prior to each session. Players with temperatures of 100.4 or higher will be sent home.
- Participants will be asked health related questions prior to each session.
- Participants will be expected to stay at least 6 feet away from all others in the gym for the duration of the session.
- Participants will may share equipment within pods. Equipment will be sanitized regularly and following each group/session.
- Participants will be responsible for bringing their own water bottle (water fountains will not be available).
- Participants must have a valid Preparticipation Examination form (PPE) uploaded to Family ID.
* Note: The above guidelines may change.WHS Volleyball Tryouts delayed. Date TBA
Anyone wishing to tryout should plan to attend all sessions for their grade. Athletes must be registered to attend WHS and a current physical and all athletic paper work must be completed online using the Family ID link to participate.
***Format and session times are still to be decided depending on COVID guidelines at the time.
Please contact Kris Hagaman with questions
*Our annual summer camp for students ages 8-18 is cancelled for this year.