Watauga Innovation Academy
The Watauga Innovation Academy is a Cooperative & Innovative High School (CIHS) that is housed on the Watauga High School campus but gives eligible students opportunities far beyond that of a standard high school. The WIA has partnered with Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute (CCCTI) to bring you this rewarding dual credit program.
The WIA works cooperatively with CCCTI to give students of any grade level the opportunity to earn college credit at the same time they earn high school credit. Students follow a focused pathway with a four-year, five-year, or six-year plan that produces a high school diploma and a college certificate or diploma. Successful students can transfer their earned college credits for a further degree or begin work immediately for higher pay.
If you are seeking a place in the WIA - be sure to apply using the application link on this website.
- 9th - 12th Grade
- Students with a Complete Application
- All applications will be reviewed for academic integrity, personal statements, and Cooperative & Innovative High School standards.
- Only 100 students per grade level are allowed to be admitted into the WIA
Program Areas 2019-20:
- Automotive Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: Drafting
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: Welding
- Medical Office Assisting
- Consists of student information, parent information, student/parent signatures, teacher information for recommendations, and counselor information for a statement.
- Completely ONLINE - access it online, complete it online, and submit it online.
- You will need to complete the online application with your parent.