School Nurse Information
This web page provides information on WCS policies regarding medication at school, illness, screenings, and emergency care. This site also includes educational information, as well as illness prevention.
Teachers can access forms for Student Incident Report, Vision Screen Record, and referrals. Parents can access Medication Authorization, Medically Fragile forms and Student Health Information forms.
Health Room Wish List
Would you like to donate items to our health room? Here are a few things we need:
- a blanket (to keep our sick students warm)
- bottled water, fruit juices, and snacks (for our dehydrated and diabetic students)
- hand sanitzer
- Clorox wipes
I sincerely hope that you have all enjoyed your summer! The school has already come alive with activity, and I could not be more excited to welcome back the students and hear how they spent their summer. I look forward to working with you, not only to do all that I possibly can to keep your children healthy and safe, but also to provide preventive health measures in the school as needed.
My goal as school nurse is to provide you with the information you need to safeguard your child’s health and insure that his/her education is not disrupted, but remains the most positive experience possible. I hope you find this information helpful, and I send best wishes to all of the students for a rewarding school year.
Throughout the course of the school year, you may count on the following for your child:
- Assessment and treatment of injuries and illnesses
- Administration of medications
- Health care monitoring
- Health care screening (vision, hearing, scoliosis, height/weight/BMI)
- Medical treatments (wound care, respiratory treatments)
- Chart review including reinforcement and implementation of state laws regarding immunizations and required screening tests
- Student, staff, and parent education