HELP SUPPORT WHS DRAMA AND THE SPRING MUSICAL!
BUY A BUSINESS AD OR A “CAST & CREW SHOUT OUT”
IN THIS YEAR’S PROGRAM FOR
ALL SHOOK UP!
The WHS Drama Department is self-supporting. Ticket sales and
small fundraisers help us pay for: rights & royalties for performances, renting musical scores and scripts for the spring musical, buying fabric, set pieces, paint, lumber, and so much more!
More than 1,800 people see our musicals -
a PROGRAM AD is a great way to promote your business!
Here’s how it works:
- Choose the size of the ad or “shout out” you want to purchase:
CAST & CREW SHOUT-OUTS
¼ page ad = $25
¼ page shout-out = $15
½ page ad = $50
½ page shout-out = $30
Full page ad = $100
Full page shout-out = $50
- Create your ad or shout out electronically! (“Shout-outs” must be school appropriate! We can scan business cards!)
- Save your ad or shout out as a .jpeg file
- Email the jpeg file to Mr. Walker: email@example.com
- Pay for your ad or shout-out! (Cash or check; make checks payable to WHS DRAMA DEPARTMENT; Bring payment to Mr. Walker or Ms. Miller)
Buy an ad or shout-out and you’ll be entered in a drawing for 2 tickets to next year’s musical!
SUBMIT YOUR AD & PAYMENT BY MONDAY March 9th!!
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING WHS DRAMA!
Gosh, this seems like a big production - do you need volunteer help in any way? Yes! Yaaaas! Absolutely, we’d love to have your help! Here are some areas in which we ask for parents to pitch in! Soon, we will give you a link to SignUpGenius to sign up for help!
Saturday Tech Work Days
Saturday, March 14, 10 am - 4 pm
Saturday, March 28, 10 am - 4 pm
- These are the days that we will use to do a lot of painting, costume construction, prop construction, house decoration and stage work. Feel free to come for part or all of either or both days! Pack your lunch and snacks, bring a water bottle, and wear your paintable-work clothes and shoes. As we get closer to the tech work days, we’ll update this page if we need to make an “all call” to borrow specific construction equipment!
Show Week Backstage Assistance
On the week of the show (Monday March 30th, Tuesday March 31st, Wednesday April 1st, Thursday April 2nd, Friday April 3rd and Saturday April 4th) we ask for volunteers to help in these areas. We’d love your help if you can offer it - if you plan to see the show one night and can volunteer backstage one night, we’d be so grateful!
- Chorus Room - The Chorus room is our “green room” for our musicals - it’s where the cast gathers when they’re not on stage. These volunteers monitor and support the cast in the chorus room as they watch the last 2 dress rehearsals and the 3 shows on the “live feed”. Parent volunteers in this room are on “quiet please” patrol to help the cast remain quiet and focused during these performances. Since the cast can’t eat in the chorus room, these volunteers will also need to make sure that there is ONLY WATER allowed.
- Backstage Hallway These volunteers also monitor and support the cast backstage, helping them remain quiet and focused as they move from one scene to the next and reminding them not to “loiter” in the hallways unless it’s time for their scene.
- Snack Food Help The cast and crew need to keep their energy up during show week - hunger doesn’t equal good performances - so we provide light snacks for rehearsals and shows. NOTE: This is not intended to take the place of a meal - cast and crew are instructed to eat dinner before they arrive. Help is needed to provide food and manpower for set-up and breakdown. Soon, we will have a live link to our SIGN UP GENIUS right here!
CONCESSIONS STAND - Themed area and snacks (perhaps “signature” drink) and bottled water each night of the show. If you’re creative, this may be just the project for you! If you’re not, it is a great opportunity to work with someone who is! We need volunteers to set up and sell concessions EACH of the three show nights.