Watauga County Schools
Worker’s Comp. Process
If employee is injured while working with Watauga County Schools, complete the following forms:
- On the Authorization Form, check Non DOT Drug Screen, Post Accident and WC Injury Treatment
Approved Medical Providers used exclusively for work related injuries are:
FastMed Urgent Care
178 NC 105 Ext. Ste 101
Boone, NC 28607
If FastMed Urgent Care is closed or injury requires immediate medical attention:
Watauga Medical Center
336 Deerfield Rd.
Boone, NC 28607
- Notify HR (same day, if possible)
- Employee must take a copy of the Authorization Form with them to FastMed Urgent Care or Watauga Medical Center (if emergency).
- Employees do not have the option to choose the medical provider he/she will see for the work related injury.
- Important to document accidents/injuries that occur on site to keep our schools and location safe.
- Send all forms to HR within 24 hours of the work related injury, if possible. If reports are delayed to HR, then treatment for injured employee could be delayed.
Worker’s Compensation pays sixty-six and two-thirds of your salary while you are out with a Doctor’s note due to a work-related injury. There is a seven (calendar) day waiting period that must be served before Worker’s Compensation benefits for lost time will begin. During that seven day waiting period, you may choose to take sick leave or leave without pay. Since Worker’s Compensation benefits only cover a portion of your salary, you may use your own paid leave time to supplement the Worker’s Compensation portion. If you wish to use your own paid leave time, you must notify the Human Resources Office in writing before the 7th day of absence that results from your job-related injury.
SEND FORMS TO:
Jennifer Hendrix (email@example.com) or
Christy Parker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
828-264-7190 (phone) or 828-264-7196 (fax)