WATAUGA COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
WORKER’S COMPENSATION CLAIMS
PROCESS FOR EMPLOYEES
- Report an injury that occurred on the job immediately to your Supervisor.
- The approved medical providers used exclusively for work related injuries are:
2146 Blowing Rock Rd.
Boone, NC 28607
If AppUrgent Care is closed or you have an emergency:
Watauga Medical Center
336 Deerfield Rd.
Boone, NC 28607
- The Employee completes the following forms:
4. The Administrator (on-site) or designee completes the following forms:
(This may also be submitted by Human Resources).
3. Pharmacy First Fill form (if necessary)
5. Send all forms to Human Resources within 24 hours of an on the job injury.
The Employee will take a copy of the Authorization to Seek Medical Services Form to the medical
6. The Form 19 will be completed in Human Resources after reports have been received from the
Administrator so that the Worker’s Compensation claim can be filed timely.
7. If the injury requires the employee to miss work or requires restrictions, please notify Supervisor and
Human Resources as soon as possible.
The Work Status Note must be submitt to the CO immediately after the appointment.
Worker’s Compensation pays sixty-six and two-thirds of your salary while you are out with a doctor’s note due to a work-related injury. There is a seven (calendar) day waiting period that must be served before Worker’s Compensation benefits for lost time will begin. During that seven day waiting period, you may choose to take sick leave, comp-time leave, bonus or leave without pay. Since Worker’s Compensation benefits only cover a portion of your salary, you may use your own leave time to supplement the Worker’s Compensation portion. If you wish to use your own leave time, you must notify the Human Resources Office in writing before the 7th day of absence that results from your job-related injury.
SEND FORMS TO:
Jennifer Hendrix (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Christy Parker (email@example.com)
828-264-7190 (phone) or 828-264-7196 (fax)