WHS News & Information
2019-2020 Chromebook Distribution
Watauga High School will be holding its Chromebook deployment for all rising ninth through twelfth graders during the summer. This change will allow for students and teachers to utilize all digital platforms on the first day of school. Please make plans for your student(s) to be in attendance at the appropriate dates and times listed below.
Wednesday, August 7th, 2019: 2:00 P.M- 5:00 P.M.
Monday, August 12th, 2019: 7:00 A.M.- 11:00 A.M. & 1:00 P.M.- 6:00 P.M.
Saturday, August 17th, 2019: 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
FRESHMEN and NEW Students ONLY:
Thursday, August 15th, 2019: Orientation session will be at 8:30 A.M. (Last names beginning with A - L) and 1:30 P.M. (Last names beginning with M - Z)
Students and parents should note:
- Students must be in attendance and have a Chromebook sleeve or backpack.
- Students must bring 2019-2020 Chromebook paperwork with their $35 school fee.
- ANY and ALL outstanding fines must be paid before a Chromebook will be issued.
- Student schedules will be available after device pick-up.
- Parking passes will be available after fees are paid and Chromebooks picked up.
- Senior Parking Pass Information
WHS Summer Hours
Watauga High School will adopt a summer work week of four 10-hour days -- Monday through Thursday -- effective with the work week of June 17-20 and continuing through the week of July 29 - August 1.
Thursday, July 4th will be a Holiday and all offices will be closed.
Office hours will be 7:30-4:30.
Congratulations to the WHS Teacher Of the Year, Jennifer Williams!
Congratulations to Dr. Blanton for being named the 2018-2019 Watauga County Schools Principal of the year!