Cheerleaders ARE leaders within their school and set a good example at all times.
Cheerleaders ARE expected to have and maintain a character above reproach and to exhibit personal appearance and habits that will reflect a positive image.
- A cheerleader must maintain good behavior in all school classes and activities.
- A cheerleader should strive to make the best grades possible. This means doing homework, listening and participating in class, and setting an example for others to follow.
- Cheerleaders are to obey ALL school rules.
- Cheerleaders will not display bad habits such as smoking, vaping, drinking, drugs, and improper language. These could warrant their dismissal from the squad!
- Cheerleaders will conduct themselves properly at all times, for they are the official student representatives of the school.
- Always be positive when regarding our teams or any of its players.
- Respect everyone; Disrespect or profanity of any kind could result in disciplinary action.
- Always be positive when regarding your fellow cheerleaders.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to improve the squad.
- Do your share of the work; Volunteer without being asked.
- Refrain from arguing in public as a squad.
- Show good sportsmanship at all times.
- Give 110% in all aspects of cheerleading.
- Absences due to work schedules are unexcused. Job schedules must work around cheer.
- Do not chew gum while in uniform or at practice.
- Be neat in appearance and follow the school dress code when attending any function that represents the school.
- All uniform pieces must be on your body in the correct manner at all times.
- The same hairstyle will be required for each cheerleader (ponytail, braid, etc.) when in uniform.
- DO NOT wear jewelry or wear colored nail polish while in uniform. Nails must be athletic length – no longer than the end of finger tips.
- Cell phones need to be put away during games and practices.
- DO NOT make excuses – for anything.