Supply List: Walker/Whiteside 3rd
- (2)-composition books (any design/no wire/wide-rule)
- (1)-1-subject notebook, wire-bound, wide-ruled 70-100 sheets
- (1) "Durable" (brand) 1" binder. MUST have inside back/front cover pockets (any solid color-please try to get this brand-kids like the clear sleeve on the cover but not necessary)
- (1) 2-pocket folder with holes (no brads) to insert into 3-ring binder. Can have any design.
- (1) sturdy 2-pocket folder (no brads) to take home papers weekly. Can have any design.
- 1 box/package #2 pencils
- Small pencil box to keep personal supplies in
- Personal manual pencil sharpener
- Package glue sticks
Optional: items for personal use:
Optional: For class to share
1 box #2 pencils
1 box tissues
1 paper towel roll
1 (four pack) fine dry-erase markers
1 box ziplock sandwich or gallon bags
markers (for shared box)
Lara Whiteside - Third Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Back to School!
Hi! My name is Mrs. Lara Whiteside, and I’ll be your child’s third grade teacher this year. I am beyond excited for this year to begin! There are so many fun, challenging, and exciting opportunities for your children. Third grade is a wonderful grade to teach!
Since your children will be spending quite a bit of their time with me, I wanted to tell you a little about myself.
This is my 15th year of teaching, with 14 years being in third grade. I have been at Blowing Rock School for thirteen years now, which is hard to believe. I am an Appalachian State graduate in Elementary Education, and also obtained my Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction several years ago.
I have been married for fourteen years, and my husband and I have two sons and a daughter. Colby is eight years old, and in third grade this year. Blake is six, and will start first grade. Calla is 16 months old, and attends a local daycare. They have been such joys to my life, and remind me of what is important every day.
My favorite subject to teach would probably be Math, but there are parts of every subject that I enjoy. I love being outside, the colors blue and purple, and collecting healthy recipes to try out for my family. I like to exercise, write in my journal, and read good fiction novels. I spend quite a bit of time with my family. Watauga County is a fun place to teach and raise a family! There’s always something fun to do no matter what time of the year.
I can’t wait to meet you and learn more about you too! I have always viewed teaching as a partnership between teachers, parents, and students, so I encourage you be an active participant in your child’s education.
I’m ready and waiting to begin this year. I know we have many surprises in store for us!