Dear Parents,We will have our distribution of print materials and report cards ready for pick up on Monday, March 30 between 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. for all Parkway Kindergarten through 8h Grade students. When you arrive on campus, please stay in your vehicle, form two lines, and proceed through the traffic cones. A staff member will come to your car with your child's materials as quickly as possible. We look forward to seeing you all on Monday!!
In an effort to keep our students and staff members safe, the following district guidelines will be implemented immediately.
1) We will suspend all middle school athletic events, competitions, and practices until April 6th. This decision will be re-evaluated prior to April 6, but it could be extended for an indefinite period of time.
2) Effective March 13th, all out of county and out of state trips and activities for students are prohibited until at least April 6. This decision will be re-evaluated prior to April 6th, but it could be extended for an indefinite period of time.
3) All after-school student events, clubs, or meetings are prohibited until at least April 6th. This includes but is not limited to dances, clubs, parties, and competitions. The after-school program operated by the school system will continue to operate.
4) The following Parkway evening events are canceled:
- PTO Man in My Life Dance scheduled for March 20th
- Author’s Night scheduled for March 27th
- Latino Science night scheduled for April 2
En un esfuerzo por mantener seguros a nuestros estudiantes y miembros del personal escolar, las siguientes pautas del distrito se implementarán de inmediato.
1) Nosotros suspenderemos todos los eventos deportivos, competencias y prácticas de la escuela intermedia hasta el 6 de abril. Esta decisión será reevaluada antes del 6 de abril, pero podría extenderse por un período de tiempo indefinido.
2) A partir del 13 de marzo, todos los viajes/paseos y actividades fuera del condado y fuera del estado para estudiantes están prohibidos hasta por lo menos el 6 de abril. Esta decisión será reevaluada antes del 6 de abril, pero podría extenderse por un período de tiempo indefinido.
3) Todos los eventos, clubes o reuniones de estudiantes después de la escuela están prohibidos hasta por lo menos el 6 de abril. Esto incluye, entre otros, bailes, clubes, fiestas y competiciones. El programa extracurricular de "After-School” operado por el sistema escolar continuará funcionando.
4) Se cancelan los siguientes eventos nocturnos de Parkway:
- El Baile del PTO "El Hombre de Mi Vida” programado para el 20 de marzo
- La noche del autor programada para el 27 de marzo
- La noche de ciencia latina programada para el 2 de abril.
Congratulations to Teacher of the Year
We are ready for parents/guardians to start picking up 2020-2021 Kindergarten registration packets!
Parents/guardians should come by the office to pick up a packet
Kindergarten Orientation Coming Soon!
Kindergarten Orientation News! Orientation for the 2020-2021 kindergarten class will be held on April 30th & May 1st of this year. Children who will be five years old on or before August 31, 2020 are eligible for enrollment and should be registered to attend orientation April 30th or May 1st. Beginning March 1st, Parents/Guardians may stop by the office and pick up a registration packet. Students will be registered for orientation once a completed packet has been turned into Mrs. Jones. Current kindergarten students WILL NOT attend school on April 30th & May 1st. Please help us get the word out in our community.
To be counted present for the day, students must be at school for ½ of the instructional day.
Present until 11:15am
Signed in tardy BEFORE 11:10 am
1 Hour Delay:
Present until 11:45 am
Signed in tardy BEFORE 11:40 am
2 Hour Delay:
Present until 12:15pm
Signed in tardy BEFORE 12:10 pm
3 Hour Delay:
Present until 12:45pm
Signed in tardy BEFORE 12:40 pm
Present until 10:00am
Signed in tardy BEFORE 10:00 am
Want to pay for school fees, field trips, yearbooks, media fees, after school, or make a donation?Want to pay for school meals?Visit: School Nutrition
Morning Drop-off Procedures & Tardies: Students may access the building at 7:15. All students will report to the cafeteria. School begins at 7:40 when students are released from the cafeteria to go to their classes. The tardy bell rings at 7:55. Any student not inside their classroom at 7:55 will need to sign in at the office and receive a tardy slip. Please allow sufficient time for a student to make it all the way to their classroom. If a student is tardy to class in the morning, a parent will be called to come to the office to check the student in late. If you drop off your student at or after 7:55, please come into the front office to check your student into the school. This procedure ensures the safety of the child and that the parent is informed and consents to their child arriving late to school.
When to Stay Home From School
Here is a helpful guide from our school nurse, Ashley Greene, about the appropriate times to keep your child home from school. Click here to read the guide.
Cuando quedarse en casa y no asistir a la escuela.
FREE Money for our School!
If you shop at Harris Teeter or Lowe's Foods, please be sure to link your account to Parkway School. Those stores donate money to our school based on sales amounts from accounts linked specifically to our school. This is one way you can help our school financially.
Educational Family Travel Requests
Please remember the deadline for submitting Educational Family Travel Request forms is five days prior to the trip. Forms are available on the Parkway School web page under the "For Parents" tab. Once the forms are submitted, parents will be sent a form indicating whether the absences have been approved or denied. If approved, the student will be given an assignment to complete pertaining to their trip and will also be given assignments to make up. If denied, the absences will be coded as "unexcused." If you have questions about travel requests or absences, you may contact Mrs. Buckner or our School Social Worker, Megan Langdon, at 828-264-3032.
Limited Bus Routes A and B
From now on this document can be found on the school website under the "For Parents" tab:
- For Parents tab
- Information and Forms
- Limited Bus Routes A & B
For other bus information please see the School Bus Information page on the Watauga County Schools Website.